HOTEL DU PARC HISTORY
Part of the area's charm derives from its history. Victor Hugo, Edouard Grenier, and Eugene Rambert were some of its early literary visitors.
Then, at the beginning of the 20th century, Mont-Pelerin was a see-and-be-seen destination for wealthy Europeans. Viscount de Faria, Princess Eristoff, and the de Taubes all stayed at the Pelerin Palace Hotel. In 1923, under a new owner, it became the more modern Hotel du Parc, and it continued to be run by the same family for five generations. Today, the history of this magnificent building lives on within the carefully restored Du Parc Kempinski Privates Residences.
The new hotel was served by a funicular created in 1900 by the most famous Swiss hotel and rail transport pioneers of their day, Bcher & Durrer. This pair created the world famous Semirasis Hotel in Cairo and Brgenstock (a funicular that remains one of the longest and highest in the world).